DISCLAIMER: Please be advised that there is a global microchip shortage which affects the production of the micro:bit V2. InkSmith is actively working with the micro:bit Foundation to receive stock but this product is currently on backorder.
If you place a backorder, please allow a longer waiting period to receive your order. InkSmith will do our best to provide an estimated timeline for fulfillment, however global shortages and unpredictable supply chains can make this hard to predict.
By placing a backorder you will secure product when inventory is available.
About the BBC micro:bit
The micro:bit is a pocket-sized computer that you can code, customize, and control to bring your digital ideas, games, and apps to life! Programmed with Makecode, the BBC micro:bit for coding is a great introduction to experimental code making. It acts as the brain behind the InkSmith K8 Robot and Climate Action Kit.
The micro:bit Go Pack contains everything you need to get coding straight out of the box, making it the ideal starter kit.
All the same great features plus the ability to:
- Sense and react to sound with a built-in microphone
- Play sounds with a built-in speaker
- Program the gold micro:bit logo to respond to your touch
- Run AI and Machine Learning workloads with more computing power
- Save power when it’s not in use but still connected to the batteries
- Microprocessor: 64MHz Cortex-M4F, 512kB Flash, 128kB RAM (new!)
- 5x5 LED matric
- Two programmable buttons
- On-board motion detector
- A build-in compass
- Bluetooth compatible
- A built-in microphone (new!)
- A built in speaker (new!)
- Capacitive touch sensor (new!)
The micro:bit is programmed using a browser-based coding interface called Microsoft Makecode. Makecode is an easy-to-use, user-friendly interface that makes programming your micro:bit a fun an engaging experience.
Makecode is also filled with tons of tutorials for programming the micro:bit!
There are hundreds of robotic accessories that can be paired and controlled with the micro:bit. InkSmith's k8 Robot and Climate Action Kit use an edge connect to make using micro:bit super easy!