About the OKdo micro:bit
The OKdo micro:bit Getting Started Kit includes the BBC micro:bit board and accessories, designed to make coding fun and easy. It is the perfect kit to start learning programming and bring your creative ideas to life. The kit includes everything you need to get started quickly with your next project.
Included in the Getting Started Kit:
- BBC micro:bit V2
- USB micro Programming Cable
- Clear PVC Protective Case
- Dual battery holder
All the same great features plus the ability to:
- Sense and react to sound with a built-in microphone
- Play sounds with a built-in speaker
- Program the gold micro:bit logo to respond to your touch
- Run AI and Machine Learning workloads with more computing power
- Save power when it’s not in use but still connected to the batteries
- Microprocessor: 64MHz Cortex-M4F, 512kB Flash, 128kB RAM (new!)
- 5x5 LED matric
- Two programmable buttons
- On-board motion detector
- A build-in compass
- Bluetooth compatible
- A built-in microphone (new!)
- A built in speaker (new!)
- Capacitive touch sensor (new!)
The micro:bit is programmed using a browser-based coding interface called Microsoft MakeCode. MakeCode is an easy-to-use, user-friendly interface that makes programming your micro:bit a fun an engaging experience.
MakeCode is also filled with tons of tutorials for programming the micro:bit!
There are hundreds of robotic accessories that can be paired and controlled with the micro:bit. InkSmith's k8 Robot and Climate Action Kits use an edge connect to make using micro:bit super easy!