The LEGO® Education BricQ Motion Prime set is designed to engage students in grades 6-8 in the exploration of physical science within the context of sports. Fostering an understanding of forces, motion and interactions with hands-on learning experiences, BricQ Motion Prime will spark “aha” moments without the need for technology.
This 562-piece set includes new numbered foils for students to easily gather data on variables, angles, heights, and lengths, supporting their analysis and synthesis. Printed building instructions and replacement elements are included for easy classroom management.
What’s In the Box
- 562 LEGO® elements in the set include 4 minifigures and special mechanical elements, like gears, springs, wheels, balls, weight bricks, pneumatics, fan blades, measurement elements and more
- Sturdy storage box with colour-coded sorting trays for easy classroom management
- Printed building instructions for models used in the lessons plus additional building inspiration
- Replacement elements included
Comprehensive Virtual STEAM Curriculum
- 1 unit of 7 x 45-minute lessons plus math and language arts extensions for additional learning
- Comprehensive teaching resources for each lesson give every teacher confidence to deliver engaging lessons
Competency-based professional development program that equips teachers with the skills and knowledge they need to facilitate meaningful STEAM learning experiences that empower their students to succeed
- Investigate forces and use evidence to solve problems
- Apply scientific inquiry skills to provide evidence on the change in an object’s motion based upon its force and mass
- Practice application of Newton’s third law to design, develop and optimize a solution that involves the collision of two objects
- Strengthen oral communication skills as students present and analyze solutions in collaborative discussion
Based on the familiar LEGO® brick, this scalable learning system is intuitive, inclusive and adaptable. Year-over-year, students expand, apply and deepen their knowledge of STEAM concepts, moving from simple explorations to increasingly complex real-world challenges.
LEGO® Education offers a wide range of physical and digital educational resources that encourage students to think creatively, reason systematically and release their potential to shape their own future.
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Minifigure, DUPLO and the SPIKE logo are trademarks of the LEGO Group. Used with permission. ©2022 The LEGO Group.