Learning Impact Manager APPLY NOW
Your Next Great Opportunity!
Do you love education? Are you passionate about leveraging innovative technology in the classroom to enhance student learning experiences, providing them with opportunities to develop future-ready skills? Do you want to be part of the STE(A)M movement, supporting the innovators of tomorrow?
Are you curious yet?
InkSmith is a Waterloo based designer and manufacturer of STE(A)M education tools used to introduce coding, robotics, and 3D printing in the classroom, for all ages and all skill levels. The InkSmith team is supported by The Canadian Shield, their large subsidiary that manufactures critical PPE for healthcare workers.
Educators across the globe use InkSmith products to maximize the potential of their students. Through empowering educators to realize the potential of our purposefully designed educational tools, we help them create immersive, hands-on, and meaningful learning experiences for their students. We partner with global distributors such as Farnell Electronics to provide equitable and accessible education opportunities, made possible through our resources and products, to students in Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia-Pacific, the United States, and Mexico.
With the resources and backing of a much larger organization, InkSmith’s proprietary technology offers an array of completely reimagined educational tools with unparalleled quality and new global distribution partnerships. InkSmith is poised for incredible growth in 2021 and beyond. If you have ever wanted to be part of a groundbreaking organization, the time is now!
About the Role
The team is looking for a dynamic Learning Impact Manager as we continue to expand into global markets. Your mission, if you chose to accept it, will be to bring our thought-leading edtech tools of tomorrow, into educational institutions today.
You will work with a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly skilled group of individuals while also embracing great opportunity to drive your own professional development. You offer a growth mindset and willingness to learn new things, regularly pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone.
As a key member of this team, you are self-motivated, energetic, and have a passion for mobilizing knowledge surrounding our already well established, and respected product line, in order to maximize InkSmith’s impact on learning.
Responsibilities & Activities
- Sourcing and acquiring new accounts (for example, new school districts or educational institutions)
- Creating lead generation and establishing connections with North American based educational institutions.
- May involve leading educational webinars and workshops for educators and/or partner organization representatives
- Attending/participating in trade shows an conferences
- Keynoting or participating in panels
- Writing thought-leading blog/online/print publications on behalf of InkSmith
- Researching accounts and prospects to identify decision makers and their technology needs
- Nurturing cool leads, establishing/building consultative relationships in relevant markets
- Identify pain points, providing relevant solutions in accordance with marketing campaigns
- Demonstrating a relentless in your pursuit of forwarding education, maintaining a high volume of external communication activities, including outbound calls, emails, and social selling
- Building, qualifying, and managing an accurate sales pipeline in a CRM environment
- Meeting/exceeding sales quota and lead generation activity expectations
- Developing and maintaining a territory plan for your assigned account base
- Conducting regular meetings with clients (on the phone and virtually) to foster the relationship and uncover or advance sales opportunities
- Continuously being well-informed about current industry trends and able to speak intelligently about the education industry while constantly striving to improve your own knowledge base
- Attending and participating in sales meetings, product seminars, trade shows and conferences, determined by the seasonality of the business and need of individual sales cycles
- Occasional travel required (client sites and user conferences)
Qualifications & Skills
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Education, Marketing, Business, or a related field is required.
- Education sector experience – as an educator, administrator, or a combination of experience and training
- In-depth knowledge of education principles, and an understanding of the purchasing behaviours and decision process within education systems
- Strong project and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize work effectively
- Ability to manage budgets and timelines
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to manage competing demands and needs of multiple stakeholders simultaneously
- Strong relationship skills; ability to quickly develop and foster connections with people
- A proven ability to take initiative and execute on a project from start to finish
- A passion to help shape the minds of our youth through the purposeful use of technology and innovation