Sales Account Executive APPLY NOW
InkSmith is looking for our first Sales Account Executive!
This is a great opportunity within our award winning, employee focused organization. We invite you to come join our team!
Our Passion, Your Passion
InkSmith Limited is dedicated to empowering purpose-driven learning, combining pedagogy, 21st century technology, and educator engagement to enhance learning objectives for students across the country.
We are changing the face of tomorrows learning, bringing STEAM into the classroom as early as kindergarten, breaking down educational barriers and eliminating intimidation through creative learning practices. Your opportunity to be a part of this starts today and it starts with us!
We are on track for tremendous growth through several new product developments as well as multiple STEM and coding projects funded by government grants. Notably, InkSmith is the co-recipient of CanCode funding from the Ministry of Innovation, Science and Economic Development for two separate STEM & education technology projects. In addition, InkSmith and project partner, Wilfrid Laurier University, received contributions from the Government of Canada and the Canadian Space Agency to develop lunar rover and space-themed STEM programming for youth in grades 6 to 9.
We are a very successful but scaling organization. We value humility and we unite as a group of individuals with a universal approach of helping one another. We all wear many hats, frequently on the same day. Often, we have clear goals and direction, but sometimes we work in ambiguity. Sometimes we have to work in the dark until another team member finds the light switch, that is how we support each other to achieve success. Our culture is one of caring, understanding and doing what needs to be done, even if it is outside of our designated role or job title. We evolve and grow quickly, so an aptitude and appreciation for working in a culture of change and progression is required.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- 15 days vacation to start
- Hybrid work model
- 2 paid “Because We Care” days (pet bereavement, religious holiday, mental health support, etc.)
- “Welcome Baby” day off
- Great Health and Dental plan
- $500 Wellness Spending Account
- $500 Employee Referral Program
- Virtual Health Support
- Employee Assistance Program
- Weekly “Hour of Learning” to support your professional growth and development
- More to come as we continue to develop our internal practices in 2022
What Your Day Involves
You will collaborate with an enthusiastic team, supported by the Company’s managers and leaders. As our new Account Executive, you will be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales objectives for the Canadian K-12 Education market by promoting and selling the InkSmith product suite through professional sales techniques. Your primary focus will be developing and cultivating prospects, moving them through the sales process and closing new business. This opportunity will also be responsible for coordinating and supporting the new customer account’s initial deployment and integration of the products to ensure the edtech products and supporting educators are optimized for long-term success and repeat business – this includes coordinating professional learning or training for users. Prior experience of the Education sector solutions would be a distinct advantage.
- Help drive InkSmith’s growth by building relationships with prospective K-12 educators of all levels within a school board or district and turning them into happy and successful customer accounts.
- Hit or exceed quarterly sales targets through a consultative sales approach.
- Build and manage a complex 6-month sales pipeline
- Move the sale through the entire sales process actively engaging all stakeholders, decision makers, and other InkSmith resources as necessary to ensure success.
- Support lead generation activities where necessary – such as active participation in webinars and industry conferences.
- Develop and maintain a territory plan for your assigned account base.
- Researching accounts and prospects to identify decision makers as well as their learning goals and technology needs.
- Understand, communicate and demonstrate InkSmith’s unique value proposition as well as product benefits and features with prospects, connecting them to increased student learning achievement and success
- Conduct market research and keep updated on product and industry knowledge, competitors, and industry knowledge.
- Be well informed about current industry trends and educator grant opportunities, and be able to speak intelligently about the education industry while constantly striving to improve knowledge.
- Conduct regular meetings and connections with clients (on the phone and virtually) to foster the relationship and uncover and/or advance sales opportunities.
- Prepare and deliver presentations for customers and the various stakeholders and decision makers.
- Support the customer’s product adoption and success within their classroom, school, or school district - this may include pre-emptively recommending, coordinating, and supporting professional development sessions and/or product training sessions.
- Take an active role in the RFP submission process.
- Effectively use a CRM, such as HubSpot and Odoo, to build, qualify, and manage a 3–6-month sales pipeline, including: entering, tracking, updating, quoting, measuring, and reporting on prospect and customer information, interactions, and sales.
- Manage reseller channels and relationships when necessary.
- Work with other InkSmith departments to create resources you may effectively and efficiently deploy at appropriate stages in the sales cycle to advance the sales process.
- Occasional travel will be required.
What You Bring
- We understand you may not have every experience in every area we are looking for and that is okay! Attitude, willingness to learn, motivation to take self-directed initiative are equally important. Industry and product knowledge can be learned, attitude and flexibility cannot.
- 5+ years in B2B sales experience or within the education industry.
- A degree in Marketing, Business, or related area of study.
- Proven success in closing customer deals in a B2B sales environment with a demonstrable record of hitting and exceeding your sales targets.
- Knowledge of the education industry is a distinct advantage, otherwise, a willingness to learn and be coachable.
- Experience prospecting, building a well-qualified pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with decision makers.
- Experience working with a CRM (like Odoo or HubSpot) and Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on customer discussions
Who You Are
- Problem Solver: You are sensitive to the client's needs and spend time and energy to make them successful. You listen attentively and learn the goals of the school board/district or school and make the connection between their needs and Forward Edu’s ability to help.
- Consultative: You have a consultative sales style. You engage in discovery conversations to deeply understand a customer’s goals and needs – including engaging the perspectives of all the stakeholders, before presenting a solution. When you present a solution, you are open to discussing the solution further, providing answers, time and/or space to further consider it, and amend or reinforce the solution.
- Grit: You are self-motivated and hardworking. You set your goals high and are not discouraged by small challenges like rejection or a longer sales cycle. You possess determination and perseverance because you know it won’t be easy, but it will be worth it.
- Personable: You have the ability to build connections through developing trust and rapport and create an exceptional customer experience. You foster relationships with prospects and persuade them that Forward Edu’s product suite is the best solution for learning STEAM.
- Communication: You possess strong listening, written, verbal, and presentation skills. You captivate your audience in whichever methods and media you communicate through, demonstrating an understanding of their specific problems and connecting them to our solutions, while adding creativity to ensure you create a memorable impression.
- Adaptable: You feel comfortable in a high-growth environment where we don’t know all the answers but are willing to learn and improve what we do with plenty of opportunities to expand your skills.
We know this is always a question for anyone looking at applying for a new role. We don’t have a set base or commission in place yet, we want to ensure we are open to reviewing every candidate who applies, and not have them boxed into a pre-set compensation amount. This will be part of our discussion with you in the interview process and will be based on experience and potential. This role will receive a base compensation amount as well as commission.
Accessibility and Diversity
InkSmith supports and promotes a diverse, inclusive, and accessible workplace. We encourage diversity, in whatever form that resonates for you. As we build an inclusive organization, we build a culture that enables everyone to contribute, learn and grow together.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to creating a work environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.|||Waterloo, ON|||Sales||||||CIZoR5ruAsnl.Mog|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false