Digital Marketing Specialist APPLY NOW
InkSmith is looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist!
This is a great opportunity within our award winning, employee focused organization. We invite you to come join our team!
Our Passion, Your Passion
InkSmith Limited is dedicated to empowering purpose-driven learning, combining pedagogy, 21st century technology, and educator engagement to enhance learning objectives for students across the country.
We are changing the face of tomorrows learning, bringing STEAM into the classroom as early as kindergarten, breaking down educational barriers and eliminating intimidation through creative learning practices. Your opportunity to be a part of this starts today and it starts with us!
We are on track for tremendous growth through several new product developments as well as multiple STEM and coding projects funded by government grants. Notably, InkSmith is the co-recipient of CanCode funding from the Ministry of Innovation, Science and Economic Development for two separate STEM & education technology projects. In addition, InkSmith and project partner, Wilfrid Laurier University, received contributions from the Government of Canada and the Canadian Space Agency to develop lunar rover and space-themed STEM programming for youth in grades 6 to 9.
We are a very successful but scaling organization. We value humility and we unite as a group of individuals with a universal approach of helping one another. We all wear many hats, frequently on the same day. Often, we have clear goals and direction, but sometimes we work in ambiguity. Sometimes we have to work in the dark until another team member finds the light switch, that is how we support each other to achieve success. Our culture is one of caring, understanding and doing what needs to be done, even if it is outside of our designated role or job title. We evolve and grow quickly, so an aptitude and appreciation for working in a culture of change and progression is required.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- 15 days vacation to start
- Hybrid work model
- 2 paid “Because We Care” days (pet bereavement, religious holiday, mental health support, etc.)
- “Welcome Baby” day off
- Great Health and Dental plan
- $500 Wellness Spending Account
- $500 Employee Referral Program
- Virtual Health Support
- Employee Assistance Program
- Weekly “Hour of Learning” to support your professional growth and development
- More to come as we continue to develop our internal practices in 2022
What Your Day Involves
As part of the InkSmith Marketing Team, you will work closely with other marketing and sales team members to execute outbound marketing strategies for the Canadian K-12 Education market at all stages of the funnel. You’ll play a key role in creating captivating content and managing InkSmith’s digital channels, including the website, email, paid media and social media platforms. Alongside other members of the marketing team, you’ll support in executing campaigns surrounding product launches, key partnerships, events and more. Using tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Klaviyo and Shopify, you’ll measure and report on performance and leverage analytics to make data-driven decisions. Prior experience or knowledge of the education sector market would be a distinct advantage.
- Manage and oversee creation and delivery of social media content, including content planning and analytics reporting
- Manage and oversee creation and delivery of email marketing campaigns, including email design, copywriting and analytics reporting
- Manage, monitor and upgrade InkSmith website, including execution of SEO content development plan and user experience improvements
- Report on results across marketing channels (social, web, email and paid) and implement analytics-based improvements to marketing strategy
- Work closely with sales team to maintain synergies in content development and coordinated marketing campaigns
- Occasional travel may be required.
What You Bring:
- 2+ years' experience in a digital marketing or content development role
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Business, Communications or related program
- A comprehensive understanding of what a marketing funnel is and how content, paid media, sales, SEM and SEO intersect and work together
- Track record of creating engaging content, including social media content, blog posts and email campaigns with measurable uplift
- Experience in website design and management including basic knowledge of HTML & CSS, block-based web design
- Proven knowledge of SEO and keyword analysis with experience using Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Experience designing, copywriting and developing effective email marketing campaigns in Klaviyo, Mailchimp, Hubspot or a related platform
- Experience running high-converting paid marketing campaigns in Google Ads and Facebook Ads Manager
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- A willingness to learn, problem solve, take self-directed initiative and work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment!
- Experience or a keen interest in STEM technology, robotics, 3D printing, laser cutters or other makerspace technologies is a bonus!
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- HTML & CSS
- Search Engine Optimization
- Google Ads, Facebook Ads
- Experience working in Shopify is a bonus!
Accessibility and Diversity
InkSmith supports and promotes a diverse, inclusive, and accessible workplace. We encourage diversity, in whatever form that resonates for you. As we build an inclusive organization, we build a culture that enables everyone to contribute, learn and grow together.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to creating a work environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday