Content Specialist - Marketing APPLY NOW
InkSmith is looking for a Marketing Content Specialist!
This is a great opportunity within our award winning, employee focused organization. We invite you to come join our team!
Our Passion, Your Passion
InkSmith Limited is dedicated to empowering purpose-driven learning, combining pedagogy, 21st century technology, and educator engagement to enhance learning objectives for students across the country.
We are changing the face of tomorrows learning, bringing STEAM into the classroom as early as kindergarten, breaking down educational barriers and eliminating intimidation through creative learning practices. Your opportunity to be a part of this starts today and it starts with us!
We are on track for tremendous growth through several new product developments as well as multiple STEM and coding projects funded by government grants. Notably, InkSmith is the co-recipient of CanCode funding from the Ministry of Innovation, Science and Economic Development for two separate STEM & education technology projects. In addition, InkSmith and project partner, Wilfrid Laurier University, received contributions from the Government of Canada and the Canadian Space Agency to develop lunar rover and space-themed STEM programming for youth in grades 6 to 9.
We are a very successful and scaling organization. We value humility and we unite as a group of individuals with a universal approach of helping one another. We all wear many hats, frequently on the same day. Often, we have clear goals and direction, but sometimes we work in ambiguity. Sometimes we have to work in the dark until another team member finds the light switch, that is how we support each other to achieve success. Our culture is one of caring, understanding and doing what needs to be done, even if it is outside of our designated role or job title. We evolve and grow quickly, so an aptitude and appreciation for working in a culture of change and progression is required.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- 15 days vacation to start
- Hybrid work model
- Dog friendly office
- 2 paid “Because We Care” days (pet bereavement, religious holiday, mental health support, etc.)
- “Welcome Baby” day off
- Great Health and Dental plan
- $500 Wellness Spending Account
- $500 Employee Referral Program
- Virtual Health Support
- Employee Assistance Program
- Weekly “Hour of Learning” to support your professional growth and development
- More to come as we continue to develop our internal practices in 2022
What Your Day Involves
As a a talented and creative Marketing Content Specialist you will join our growing team of professionals. You will work within the Marketing team to develop and deliver industry-leading digital content including graphics, videos, slide shows, and marketing material to support the sales and delivery of InkSmith’s educational technology offerings.
InkSmith is a leader in the educational technology space when it comes to STEM, robotics, 3D printing, and laser cutters in elementary and high school classrooms. The Content Marketing Specialist will have a direct and hands-on impact on the visual identity of InkSmith and its products.
This is an ideal opportunity for a new grad or individual looking for an opportunity to build and design meaningful content in an environment poised for unlimited growth. InkSmith is a quickly growing team with several exciting government funded grant projects on the go. The Marketing Content Specialist will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of graphic design, video, website and animation projects which will support the development of InkSmith’s products and offerings.
- Be the go-to person for all things graphic design, illustration, video, animation, and content creation that help support InkSmith’s overall business goals.
- Design and deliver high-quality digital marketing content and assets that align with InkSmith brand identity.
- Plan, storyboard, and create engaging social media content for Inksmith’s social platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok)
- Work with the Marketing & Education Development teams to design professional graphic, video, and presentation slide content for InkSmith’s Professional Learning sessions, student workshops, curriculum content, lesson plans, and online courses.
- Work with the Marketing team to organize and categorize InkSmith’s photo, video and graphic content and maintain a high level of organization across all digital assets.
- Research, brainstorm, and strategize content creation ideas to help set InkSmith’s content apart from its competitors.
- Conceptualize and write compelling blog posts containing engaging graphics and videos.
- Proofread and analyze all marketing content to ensure the creation of error-free material
- Assist the Marketing team with the creation of tradeshow booth material including backdrops, banners, hand-outs, and promotional material.
What You Bring
- Diploma, degree, or certificate in Marketing, Graphic Design, or related program
- 1+ year or proven experience in graphic design, video, animation, and/or content creation
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere)
- Proficient with Microsoft Powerpoint and Google Slides
Who You Are
- Creative: A creative individual with a passion for all things content creation
- Life-long Learner: An appreciation for engaging, hands-on learning experiences
- Problem Solver: Content comes in all shapes and sizes, and spans across all sorts of channels and platforms. You’re a problem solver who can adapt and create the best content for each scenario.
- Communication: Content creation is all about communicating a message, idea, or information. You’re an effective communicator who can take our ideas and bring them to life for the user. You’ll also be working across teams and projects, so communication is key.
- Adaptable: InkSmith has several exciting projects on the go. It’s important that you’re adaptable and able to task-shift between working on different types of content for different projects.
- Ready to grow and improve your skills! InkSmith is an agile and flexible team. We’re open to new ideas and will support the development of all your new and improving content creation skills.
- Experience or a keen interest in STEM technology, robotics, 3D printing, laser cutters or other makerspace technologies
- Experience managing or editing content on an online learning management system (Brightspace, Teachable, Thinkific, Udemy, Kajabi)
Accessibility and Diversity
InkSmith supports and promotes a diverse, inclusive, and accessible workplace. We encourage diversity, in whatever form that resonates for you. As we build an inclusive organization, we build a culture that enables everyone to contribute, learn and grow together.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to creating a work environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Monday to Friday|||Waterloo, ON|||Marketing||||||P6hz8kybaYDJ0ySf|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false