What's in the Box?
- 1 x K8 Interface Board - The “nervous system” of your robotics kit
- 3 x IR Sensors - Detects how light or dark the surroundings are
- 2 x 9 Gram Servo Motors - Used to pick up and move objects around
- 2 x Motors with 65mm Wheels - Drives your robot to move in its environment
- 1 x Battery Box - Powers your robot (4 ‘AA’ Batteries Required)
- 1 x Ultrasonic Sensor - Allows your robot to detect how far away objects are
*Please select your robotics kit with or without a micro:bit.
With every purchase of a k8 Robotics Kit you will gain access to our online curriculum platform through Teachable.com. On the platform you will find step-by-step instructional videos about how to assemble k8 and a variety of courses to guide you through programming and coding your robot.
What is micro:bit?
Micro:bit is a great way to introduce students to coding and challenge their creativity with real world applications. With micro:bit students can build and code a step counter, program a working compass, create a rock-paper-scissors game, and much, much more! The possibilities are endless. There is a large micro:bit community online all around the world. The micro:bit website also has a host of resources, curriculum, and project ideas to help get you started.