The LEGO® Education BricQ Motion Essential set is designed to engage K-5 students in the exploration of physical science within the context of sports. Fostering an understanding of forces, motion and interactions with hands-on learning experiences, BricQ Motion will spark “aha” moments without the need for technology.
This 523-piece set includes new numbered tiles to encourage students to engage with math in a way that is visual, relevant, creative, and fun. Printed building instructions and replacement elements are included for easy classroom management.
What’s In the Box
- 523 LEGO® elements in the set include 4 minifigures and a variety of easy-build elements, gears, weight bricks, springs, a measurement element, a paper holder and more
- Sturdy storage box with colour-coded sorting trays for easy classroom management
- 2 printed building instructions for models used in the lessons plus additional building inspiration
- Replacement elements
Comprehensive Virtual STEAM Curriculum
- 2 units of 7 x 45-minute lessons (1 each for lower and upper primary grades), plus math and language arts extensions for additional learning
- Comprehensive teaching resources for each lesson give every teacher confidence to deliver engaging lessons
- Competency-based professional development program that equips teachers with the skills and knowledge they need to facilitate meaningful STEAM learning experiences that empower their students to succeed
- Investigate push and pull forces and use evidence to solve problems
- Apply scientific inquiry skills to show how the forces acting on an object can change its motion
- Practice application of cause and effect & balanced and unbalanced forces to design, develop, and optimize a solution
- Strengthen oral communication skills as students participate in collaborative conversations to present their ideas
Based on the familiar LEGO® brick, this scalable learning system is intuitive, inclusive and adaptable. Year-over-year, students expand, apply and deepen their knowledge of STEAM concepts, moving from simple explorations to increasingly complex real-world challenges.
LEGO® Education offers a wide range of physical and digital educational resources that encourage students to think creatively, reason systematically and release their potential to shape their own future.
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Minifigure, DUPLO and the SPIKE logo are trademarks of the LEGO Group. Used with permission. ©2022 The LEGO Group.